Sunday, November 22, 2009

Remember the weight of the world, it's a sound that we used to buy...

I'm in a writing funk for school, and there seems to be a chord pulling my heart and mind from my chest.
Below is a found poem (as in, placing phrases I discovered in various books) I wrote almost a year ago. It's hitting some sort of nerve-ending within myself.

---
Era of Faux-Romantics (A Found Poem)

“Living together” is a neutral term
For rogues drifting through society.

There is real danger
In “idle talk” and “vain-glory”…

This room, too, was empty
Implying vulgarity in thinking
All sorrows can be born

From the maddening ephemeral nature of love.

Consciousness, with its own content,
Will never perish from this earth.
---

Just a few more days until break <3

No comments:

Post a Comment