Sunday, November 29, 2009

I get to play at being irresponsible, I come home late at night and I love your soul

I'm going back to Irvine tonight at 10 pm. Why so late? Waiting for the best friend of course!

The break was intensely needed. I found my roots in the rainy nights San Diego provided- playing in 3-tiered playgrounds, sitting on secret benches, watching the flooding clouds pass the moon... all the while getting together with the lovely best friends and eating copious amounts of food with the fambam. And hey, I even squeezed some schoolwork in there (I won! Kinda. Didn't get as much as I would like done, but eh, what can you do?)

Other highlights: I finished holiday shopping... yes, I got myself a few things: knotted headband, Egyptian necklace, Egyptian-ish amazing pin of life, a ring... and the vendor fair is this week as well.
BUT... I have an interview with Coffee Bean tomorrow at 11:30 am! Please keep me in your thoughts... I need this job. I'm getting good vibes about it all over the place (plus, if you know me, you know I should be working here. I practically know the drinks by heart). Potential problem- I won't be spending as much time back home for break... But we'll see what we can work out if (when..eeeeee) I get hired.

To round this out, little obsessions/a belated "what I am thankful for" list of life.
* Ambling Alps- Yeasayer (the music video is so surreal. favorite part is drummer man)
* Fireworks- Animal Collective
* Funny Little Frog- Belle and Sebastian (listen to the version from God Help the Girl- absolutely incredible)
* Mixed CDs (thank you CD burner for coming back to life. Slash, to my lovely friend for burning me fantastic mixes)
* Always music- White Rabbits, Laura Marling, God Help the Girl, Regina Spektor, (ladygagashhhhhandlove), Spoon... mm mm mm
* Books... may I please have time to read? Two more weeks until Dave Eggers and many poets (Alan Shapiro, Michael Ryan, Colette Atkinson) are in my hands
* Fambam + friends... I love and adore you all (this will get a bit more detailed come December).
* Let's get done with school, yeah?
* Knots. Cuffs. Sequins on black. Corduroy. Lace. Hieroglyphics. Spelling that correctly.
* Poetry ideas floating around- cicada rhythm, wind damage, osmosis, acoustic popcorn... and that's not even half of it.

Exit, Voice, and Loyalty... not an obsession, but a book that desires me to read it. Goooodbye!

3 comments:

  1. good job kid, you're gonna go far in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. elif- funny little frog is a fantastic fantastic song by Belle and Sebastian. I will have you listen to it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete