Sunday, August 16, 2009

We wonder, oh, we're wondering, Unalike to say we're lost, Try my best with needing us

Today, I got my first kiss. I'm 56

Obviously, not me. Definitely not 56... But, if you think about this "FML" moment, there's honestly such a beauty in it. One can imagine the journey towards what is considered a monumental moment in terms of one's youth... If this person could realize it, they are experiencing a moment of youth, the vivacity of teenage excitement coursing through their lips. Perhaps I am completely spinning this in a far-off direction, but in a world where one wishes to grow-up so much faster than live within the meddling world of teenage desire and angst and bliss, perhaps this is a valid perspective.

There is such a mix-up of growing up vs. staying young. Within each, one opts towards desiring the other... When life becomes too complex, one fantasizes over the days where the biggest conflict was which swing to play on. Or, towards the future, where a problem will be a simple dip within the span of life. I know teenage angst will leave the bloodstream eventually, but the bliss of youthfulness should remain constant.

Let's just say I'm trying to find the balance between the world of the grown-ups and the world of childhood. Here's to the balancing act to come!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!

    Your message about growing up verse staying young reminded me of the superb and incredibly heartfelt film, "Finding Neverland," which contains such quotes as,

    "Young boys should never be sent to bed... they always wake up a day older."

    I still feel bad for the 57-year-old man, I hope it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete