Sunday, August 9, 2009

You're an actor out of work, I think I love you, I think I'm mad

Oh my, some time has certainly passed!

I planned on doing some big, heart-felt blog on the last moments of being 20, how excited I was to turn 21... But the days continued to creep up on me until BAM! They arrived and left just as swiftly.

Well, hello world: meet the 21-year-old Carly!
It was absolutely lovely. The bonfire turned out to be a fun time of quick reunions, many hugs, and relaxation (with no burns! MWAHAHA). My birthday dinner was absolutely amazing- 6 of my best friends + my sister = the most beautiful and enjoyable meal of my life, pretty much. It was so delicious! The view, the pictures that resulted, playing Apples to Apples... ahhh, such a wonderful time :) And last but not least, my grandma and I went on a shopping excursion, and I got some of the most beautiful clothes in the history of clothing. If this doesn't inspire me to actually start Moxy Lovechild, I don't know what will :P

Camp is almost over, meaning big camp-time is over this week! I am, however, working two extra weeks, which will be nice in terms of collecting some moolah before I leave for school...
Ahh, school. I'm so excited to go back to Irvine... But I can still last out in SD for some time. This summer has been absolutely beautiful- so eventful, so joyous for the most part... Yes yes.

If anything, I feel the need to start cramming whatever summer activities I have not done into the next month or so... Is a list in order? It's quite possible. And by quite possible, I mean it's happening.
* Acquire my entire music list (ooooh I think this will happen!)
* Learn guitar (pleaseeeeee)
* Record a song or two :)
* Los Campesinos! concert :D
* Visit Irvine at least one more time before school starts
* Movie nights with ACE (dress up/Del Mar movie theatre with the Pannikan)
* Possibly try some surf and turf fries... man oh man, do those sound delicious!
- Side Note: Elif and I are totally talking about food right now. We want the above and ramen noodles and cheesecake delivered to our houses (we both have weird colds/throat issues).
* SAVE MONEY (... hahahaha)


I think that is enough. The blog is feeling slightly dry, but I'm hoping it was entertaining nevertheless!

1 comment:

  1. Since the blog is a straight up wording of your personality, it is always entertaining even if it is sometimes dry. I’m glad you had a nice summer. Those of us who got a head start on the Irvine slaving away patiently await your return to the grind…but not before some activity cramming in SD.

    ReplyDelete