Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ready to go at the first glimpse of failsafe....

Now, say it with me: Sleep, sleep, sleepsleepsleep!

Honestly, that's the constant in the equation of my blogging. Blog = sleep(reflections on life/deep thoughts of the day)... If I could make a proof of this, I so would. In fact, the proof is this: My "blog-worthy" ideas are mainly created between the worlds of sleep and wake. I seem to be proud of what I type as my eyelids begin to act as a curtain to the screen, when my body decides to create the horizontal pattern of familiar and comforting sleep, when my active mind begins to cease communicating with my beating heart (honestly, this never stops)... Hence, the blogging will never stop :).

Days have been wonderful- Los Campesinos! turned out to be an absolutely amazing day/experience, visiting with friends throughout the week was truly refreshing (and planning some more hang-outs throughout the rest of the summer), and I returned home some 40-minutes ago only to be greeted by this spurt of energy.

Camp was extremely bittersweet to end (however, I have three baby-sitting offers... Yesssss <3). This was probably the most enjoyable summer I've had in quite some time... Work could have been hell; I could have decided to let the negative aspects of some of the counselors affect me, but I wanted to focus on the kids. My goal was to become the counselor that the kids will remember, the person that could bring a smile about yet instill the tougher life lessons into their sweet minds (such as sharing is caring, it can be fun, use your manners, be kind)... The chilluns made my life complete :).

It's strange to think about all the free time I have now... I can lay around in the park, finally read my books/magazines, gradually move into my apartment, SLEEP, babysit... Man oh man. How about writing as well (I need to get a few kinks out of some poems). I feel as if it is time to accept one of these activities (and I bet everyone can guess which one I've decided on).

1 comment:

  1. Do you actually get these blog titles from somewhere or are they also the result of the sandman's slumbering drug? Unless of course you're using "failsafe" as a metaphor.

    ReplyDelete