Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just like yesterday, I told you I would stay

(shh, I'm not supposed to be on this)
But I can't help but think...
will absence make the heart grow fonder, or will this be "out of sight, out of mind"?

I could indulge in this topic for days. The fluctuating romantic in me is being ruffled up by realism. My cynical side is showing- the one with doubts, the one who needs proof after proof after proof...
Deep down, it comes to the point that I feel my chest, mind, lungs- every organ- rise in anticipation of seeing... and I sigh. To audibly hear reality trickle down around me. To pinch a nerve that this is a moment, however fleeting, but a moment that continuously plays in my head again and again. I want it on repeat.
Because it's been the best I've felt in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment