Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And my heart's in the strangest place, That's how it started and that's how it ends

I think I'm basing my resolutions off of my pursuit towards the simplicity inspired by Henry David Thoreau (Simplicity, Simplicity, Simplicity!)

Resolutions...
To be less hard on myself,
To start Moxy Lovechild with Jenny,
To finish many, many books (outside of school reading <3... probably at least one book every 2 months? hopefully it will take less time),
To get into the Advanced Poetry Workshop (hopefully... I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'm going to try my best),
To start yoga (or kickboxing)/running again,
To learn guitar (longest resolution going- about 7 years!)
and to continue striving towards clarity. Simplicity. Happiness.

Last year, December was a slight mess. This year, December seems to be a huge mess... but there is a group of fantastic friends that have honestly made my year. My E28Besties. My Babycakes. I remember the day I walked into Sam Arkin's class, determined to get out of the slump Fall Quarter placed me in. I looked around and felt something... The next class I end up talking to the girl who ends up being my twin about Sam's shoes. The next few run-ins with this group came from Starbucks adventures, talks before class, friendly hellos, random group projects... A "study group" for our final the next day (possibly the easiest final ever). I found my roommates, and my best friends who I would do anything for. We found each other at the exact right moment in our lives... Plain and simple: I love you my E28Besties<3
Add in the amigos from espanol and the group of people I met in E100... and me oh my, Irvine you look so fine <3

2009 was a year of major growth, of strongly setting my foundation down. There have been a lot of adventures, and absolutely many more to come. I've accomplished more than what I thought would be possible (an internship, being published twice, a job with coffee bean). I'm confident, even with the slight blows to the gut, the heart, the soul, the mind... I'm finding the equilibrium between my logos and pathos (haha).

Here's to 2010... With the company I have, I can tell this is going to be a beautiful year.
[In the New Year- The Walkmen]

1 comment:

  1. You were one of the greatest things about my 2009. Wishing you a fantastic 2010.

    ReplyDelete