Thursday, April 15, 2010

Let it always be known that I was who I am

Happy Birthday blawg <3

I was writing your "birthday note" on your actual birthday, but have not had time to develop it (and I have a pet peeve about blogs being posted on inaccurate days).

The interesting thing is how one begins to mark a year- birthdays, anniversaries, New Year's Eve/Day. And I have found another marker in you. You have held my thoughts, my poetry, my memories, my ramblings. You have seen me through multiple changes of ideology, continuous musical fandom, and countless heart swells.

You are helping to create a story, a sort of history. Because what I document are thoughts, materialized through words to stain this page. I am recording every desire- at times, encrusted in code- to look back on for memory's sake. It is in this moment that these thoughts flourish, to settle down and become paragraphs for the past, and I can only look forward towards whatever circumstances will bring me into the future.

Thank you for our year of history making. Let's keep going <3

(and to quote, I'm mad as a hatter for you.
teeheehee)

[Laura Marling- Rambling Man]

1 comment: