Sunday, April 25, 2010

I am yours now, so now I don't ever have to leave

I realize my best thoughts occur during car rides by myself.

The long drive home, traveling past fields of mustard seed with the sea to my right. It's honestly the most enjoyable time I get to spend by myself, surrounded by the open road, susceptible to the elements. Being able to control the interior- the music playing, the air circulating through my clenched hands on the wheels, the speed. My mind rolls through thoughts of my destination, and lines begin to form and be drawn out in front of me.... which causes me to take my cell phone and scribble them in through the power of the note application and t9 (until the note exceeds its limit, then I have to rush and try to keep my thoughts).

I have learned the value of my car. A teacher once told me the best time to memorize anything was in one's car, completely alone. And it works.

And now, for the ever-popular obsessions.

1) Iced tea (Im trying to get myself off of powdery drinks from work. Only one a week. And honestly, with the sun coming out to play more often, iced tea is where it's at <3 Natural flavor baby, natural!)

2) The XX (gah, so good. Seeing them in June!). And Laura Marling's CD did not disappoint! Also obsessed with Edward Sharpe, Dirty Projectors, Animal Collective... mmm mmm mmm

3) Finally got my dream blazer from H&M. Perfect mix of feminine and manliness- lightweight, oversized pockets, tailoring, and simply to-die-for. Also found my perfect trousers (hello androgyny, I love you).

4) Rings- so many now! Trying to find another knux ring and a few other pieces.

5) Love.

[Islands- The xx]

1 comment:

  1. Car rides are great, that was a eloquent description, you have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete