Monday, April 12, 2010

Home is wherever I'm with you

Before leaving, you told me to work on being here more. I asked further. You said, "I can feel that you're here with me, right now. But I can tell when your mind travels, how you're putting one foot in front of the other, how your eyes gaze further than the horizon of this room. When you leave, leave for here".

I find myself searching for here while everything is slightly scattering around me. I find focus in your voice amidst every smile. I return constantly to imagine hearing it.

I know about time, and this place holds an infinite amount of it. So when I say take your time, I'm here for you, I mean it. I am striving for here, presently moving within the changing seconds. It's hard to not look beyond this moment, because we will cross paths again.

my darling, I'll be here soon

[Home- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros]

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, poetic...time is grand and fleeting creature.

    ReplyDelete