Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lie to me if you will at the top of Beringer Hill...

Call me anything you want, any old lie will do
Call me back to... back to you


With sleep beckoning me to bed, I'll try to keep this as short and sweet as possible...

Oh summer, you and your delicate rays basking on young souls. Allowing them to burst before you like bubbles against fingertips. Allowing them to fall as leaves during the coldest autumn day...

I've fallen to optimism one too many times. Granted, I would not have it any other way: This is me, plain and simple. Extraordinary and complex. Rush into me like the ocean tide, yet let me rise like the waning moon... I need to feel as if I am flying, yet continue to be grounded... Oh hi, my constant wanderings into Mind-Body Dualism.

This summer has begun beautifully, and yet reality has already bonked me on the head with a hammer several times... But it's because of friends, because of those who do love me, that I am able to look past all of... it. I still have faith- I still want to rise and fall, blossom and burst... all because it makes me feel alive.

And with that, I say goodnight <3

1 comment:

  1. hahah hmm this makes me look pretty bad huh.
    i could have sworn i was following you before!

    anyway, nice imagery on this post. i'm diggin it.

    ReplyDelete