Saturday, June 13, 2009

Here's to the one, The one with the bright eyes, who made me realize, I've got a long-long way to go to California

It is time (drumroll included) for the ever-so-common, ever-so-gracefully written "End of the Year" Blogpost! The inspiration for this post originally came to me while I packed my room away in Irvine, a bit before my dad helped me move out and a few minutes before my lovely Deanna came to help me out/go on a food adventure with me! So, without further ado, the post below... (Oh yes, this is re-written joy as of 6/16)

I will not break it down step-by-step, bigger tests (finals) after smaller tests, romantic memory versus realistic experience. I entered Irvine, once again, with such enthusiasm that my heart could swell! Academically, I did just about the same as last year (possibly even better), and enjoyed a majority of my classes (particularly the E28-series, which I'll get into later...). Teachers were amazing- pretty much every teacher made me truly feel academically challenged... But even academics cannot trace why this year was so... good. In the beginning of the year, I found myself begging for excuses to escape from the city of Irvine... and now, I find myself longing for reasons to come back. Do not get me wrong- I love my life in SD, but Irvine is starting to truly feel like the home away from home I envisioned college to be (despite the ever-so-expensive habits of eating and drinking overpriced boba...).

Honestly, I grew up a lot this year. The moments of doubt and sadness are not truly worthy of being mentioned, but are acknowledged due to making me look at myself, my situations, and figuring out the best alternative towards finding the happiness I have strived towards... If anything, I finally found the strength to let go of something I envisioned as so dear to myself. Like I said, that beautiful end has finally arrived, and hopefully it will be the beginning of something entirely different.

I have to pull a corny moment out of my hat... E28Besties: You all are a-freakin'-mazing. I still cannot believe how I could enter a class, and thanks to the hilarity/sickliness of our lovely professor, come out with 5 (now 6 since spring quarter) of my closest friends. There was not a day where I didn't smile because of you. I truly love you all, and words cannot put into justice how much you all mean to me.

I came out of the year with an ever-so-overflowing cup of joy as finals week ended... And (not gonna lie) a giddy heart (butterflies and all? yeah? yeah... Oh gosh, we'll see where this goes!). I'm looking forward to fall that much more <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment