Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh, the sound of life

Spring is in the air!

There is so much to love about spring. It's when everything starts growing back-- completely fresh, renewal at its finest. It's crazy to think that, in just a few short months, I'll be graduating with a BA in English and an emphasis in poetry, only to embark on another adventure to grad school (yes, I got into a school! I'm still waiting to hear from one other school, then it's decision time). I am also taking a workshop with Michael Ryan, who is one of my favorite poets, and am fortunate to have two of my best friends in my last English class.

Everything is falling into place. I just packed my suitcase for my trip to New York tomorrow! Lots of clothes to layer, lots of options (of course a few extra shirts never hurt anyone). I'm just so excited that this trip is actually happening, that I have finally paid back all of my dues and am able to visit my sister without feeling like I need to pinch pennies. Then I'll be returning home to visit close friends and cuddle on a couch with my family. I haven't been home in months because of how busy I've been, but I am so happy to give myself an entire week of relaxation.

The plan is simple: get back to enjoying everything all over again <3

[Raindrops- Grand Hallway]

No comments:

Post a Comment