Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In every way, I've changed since then

You know those... thingies that go "this is to this as that is to that"
Like, blue:green::red:orange.
Well, if I did one, it would be a bit too confessional, and I'm not revealing all my secrets tonight (today, really, if you look at the time).
Basically, I realized that you are to me as she is to him (mmm code work. slightly).

There were frantic wheels when I realized this. Realizations cause speed. So I sped, knowing that even if I found you, I would have to slow my actions down, lock my arms in place, put on stoicism for passion and try to enter into cool confessional-ity.

I remembered how you once flailed your arms in front of you to demonstrate how I wanted to hold onto you. I laughed and took your hand in mine anyways, opting to wait until your arm fell to your side and slipping ever so slightly into its warmth.

As I searched you out, your ghost taunted me, flailing.
I relaxed, a quick flash of laughter at my own stupidity.
I cupped my hands together for warmth, put them to my mouth, breathed fog (it hid your ghost).

And you have been gone from my heart. And I smiled.

[The First Five Times- Stars]

1 comment: