Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm obsolete, But if the chance remained, To see those better days, I'd cut the cannons down

I deleted the last post (and damn, there was some good metaphor in there).

I try to filter my mind, shift through memories, keep the gold and toss the silt back into the mix.
There was some silt that needed to be tossed. I couldn't keep up something that was based on assumptions.

My philosophy on life is to base it within emotion. Although irrational, I will ride on the back of pathos until the cows come home. I believe(d) that emotion- pure, unrequited- can surpass any obstacle. (There's the hope. There's the optimism). But one must be open to circumstance, to logic, to the mind's interference... Because rational is key. It curves the emotions so as to keep them within the constraints that we must adapt to (otherwise, we would be wild and reckless within our freedom). I am not saying that emotions are the way to go at all times... Rather, I believe that if there is feeling, there are ways to bypass circumstance.

I'm in deep. I shouldn't be. The timing was off (mingling with a few other unfortunate matters). And I'm not one to believe in planning the future when circumstances are in constant fluctuation, but... I feel.
Perhaps the stars will align to create a silver lining.
I'm watching the skyline to see this effect. I can't say for how long before I blink away, but I will glance back occasionally and smile.

(ps- thank you to the following
Dull Life- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Salesman- White Rabbits
Unfold and Please Don't Tell Her- Jason Mraz
Vagabond feat. Shad K- Hey Ocean)

[Giving Up the Gun- Vampire Weekend]

1 comment: