Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I think you are that ting that will be this autumn crush

For christmas, my best friend gave me a locket.
I teared up, because it has been the one thing I've always wanted for the holidays.
And it's beautiful- a vintage bronze encrusted with crystals.

What is magical is the picture(s) that one puts in it. They mean something to the person wearing it. People continuously open it, and are shown the smiling faces. They understand the sentiment behind it, but they cannot know the sentiment within it. Between bent, cut-out corners and the circular backings, the wearer does not need to constantly open it to know what is inside- they placed it there. Honest. Safe. Locked into place so easily, with no deliberation, no hesitation- just pure, uninhibited.

There is the myth that when one's necklace backing brings itself to the front, one must kiss it before they hide it again, because it moved due to someone thinking about the wearer.

I placed you in my make-shift locket, and as the break went on, I questioned my decision.
Was it too soon? Did I just trust you too easily?
... But you were there. Locked. The corners began to peel, but I wasn't ready to replace you. I wasn't ready for the glue to lose its elasticity.
I stood there the next time I saw you, and opened myself- no hesitation, uninhibited.
I let the sentiment escape my lips- I('m) let(ting) you in.
I believe in... (Can I say this?)
Us.
After I saw you, I kissed the backing- it shifted directly in front of me.
So easily. With no deliberation.
Just pure.

[Falling in Fall- Those Dancing Days]

No comments:

Post a Comment