Monday, January 18, 2010

Attractive day in the rubble of the night before

1:52-1:55
hjntiy.
it gives me faith, and I hate to give into these girlish tendencies.
... but faith in something gets people through the day, right?

so I'm human, I get my hopes up.
and when they're up for an optimist, they fly. they free-fall a majority of the time to safe landings... No parachute catching on a chord, no panic, endorphins running through the cleansing air, the impact of landing and running those extra few feet to meet halfway with the stride of another. Of the plan finally happening.

it's faith. and my faith is believing in others. striving to allow others to see the potential best I know they have within themselves.
and it's foolishness. because I know how much trusting someone and believing in someone can do to another's psyche- it's draining.
but I want them to be mixed. I want to experience my foolishness for all its worth. because I have faith in this potential. because my running of the pathos is hopefully absorbed by those I believe in, only to be cycled through constantly.

I felt my feet hit the ground. the thuds were boisterous. and I ran to no avail. but it's okay... perhaps you're just farther away for now. and I'm willing to wait- I have faith for when we met in the middle. you're just running late.

[Fireworks- Animal Collective]

2 comments:

  1. seeing something in someone they can't see in themselves is one of the greatest things you can and have done for people.

    ReplyDelete