Monday, September 14, 2009

There's a little bit in the books I read, A little bit in the films I see... A little bit of you in everything

Ahh, welcome back late-night blog-musings <3

I cannot believe that summer officially ends in... a bit more than a week. 11 days if I calculated that exactly. This has honestly been one of the most beautiful and, dare I say it, eventful summers I can remember. Let's be honest- I'm waiting on that summer sun to officially set before I reflect on the past... 3 months (a-what? Seriously?).

There is so much to look forward to in Fall- the rustling of the leaves, cardigan weather, the fireworks of color within nature itself... And yet, I wonder if you will be there. Spring blossomed and shined over late-night coffee car talks, the echo of sentiments via typing/texting/conversation, radio karaoke car rides... Promises made, and hopes of vows to be kept. But then summer came (and has almost left), and you disappeared. Life became busy, and I am one to understand. Yet here I wait, anticipating fall... Will you be there to greet us? There are so many things I want to hear about, and yet I wonder if you even want to listen to the salty sea collide with the grains of sand that have built up since our time apart. I guess all I can hope for is that you will float with the new season, falling back to old times and trying to rekindle a friendship that I still believe will last for years to come.

I'm ready for the season to sweep me off my feet... But for now, let's bask in that sweet summer sun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment