Thursday, August 26, 2010

When I'm by myself, I can be myself

I've been in one of those "rewrite the same blog" phases for a week now. Perhaps longer, since it's been practically a month since I've written anything here.

But I've lived in monotony- woke up, worked, went home, ate, visited, slept. Rinse and repeat, an old rag torn to bits, starting at the corners or seams to work itself to the middle.

I began the original blog by saying "I am not the expectation type". I then began another, saying "I admit that I fall for people". I explained through coded monologue what my life has been, how I've come to these conclusions. I then deleted everything, only to be left with this slight edge of mind.

Perhaps I hold onto a memory for too long. But this summer has left me knowing that I can leave all of that behind, because some memories are not as important to people. I am told to let go, and I will do just that.


[Empty Room- Arcade Fire]

No comments:

Post a Comment