Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cause it's good to be back

While my best friend is graduating (and having another best friend watch him), I have found time to complete the inevitable "End of the Year" post!

And my, what an intense year it was. The E28Besties embarked on Operation World Domination... and I think we all succeeded. We conquered E100, LJ103, LJ workshops, poetry workshops, Spanish classes, english classes... And we all found bits and pieces of life that make us really, really happy. I am surrounded by such wonderful and successful individuals, ranging from a New U Editor-in-Chief, a PUSO board member, a New U copy editor, and an EAP employee. World Domination kept us pretty busy, but I can honestly say that at the end of the day, it was this group of amazing people that nevertheless keep my heart in Irvine. I am demanding that we'll be able to combine forces and seriously take over the universe next :)

I have to briefly mention the amazing... moments that have happened this year. Two more publications. Becoming a New Forum Editor (for Spring and the rest of the year). UCI Poetry Academy internship. Wr111 Workshop... Every single moment has been superb, extremely sweet and insanely mind blowing. I have honestly met the most amazing people in these experiences, and some of these people will be in my life for... an extremely long time. Workshop, in particular, broke me down in the best ways possible. I felt myself really grow up, and I discovered passion all over again because of it.

Now, I could look at the year through all the classes (and professors this year ranged from pure frustration with the atmosphere to sheer delight and spasms as they walked on by)... but the parenthesis pretty much said everything.

If anything, this year was about finding happiness. I searched for it through my work, through keeping connections with amazing friends, through the trials and tribulations of young love... And I think I've found a lot of it. I'm leaving the school year reveling in the amount of knowledge and challenges I faced, but with a sense that I have really grown up.

Now, bring on that sun.

[Breakneck Speed- Tokyo Police Club]

2 comments:

  1. haha, not all of us conquered e100, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on a great year and all your achievement s, enjoy your much deserved sun.

    ReplyDelete